Market Analyst (Defense Industry)
American Rheinmetall Systems, LLC | Reston, VA
(Title and compensation to be commensurate with previous experience)
American Rheinmetall Defense (ARD) is actively seeking team oriented defense professionals with excellent analytical and communication skills. The ideal candidate will take a lead role in analyzing the US defense market to support the business development team with identifying new opportunities, as well as working on special projects. The Market Analyst will also have a vital role in reviewing M&A opportunities, including substantively screening and evaluating targets.
This position will support the Head of US Business Development and Strategy providing market insights while actively supporting Rheinmetall Defence entities in the United States and globally, relative to US business activities.
Location is strongly preferred American Rheinmetall Defense’s Reston, VA office – potential to work from other locations include Stafford, VA, Biddeford, ME or Sterling Heights, MI Rheinmetall locations but are not preferred. Flexible work schedule and appropriate telework are possible subject to management approval.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate and analyze market trends and potential opportunities in the military Services and adjacent US government and commercial markets for the business development team to pursue
- Monitor and track competitor activities and product developments as lead for competitive intelligence activities in the US market
- Perform market analysis and assist in building business cases to prioritize new opportunities for growth
- Develop and deliver recommendations to support strategic decisions
- Oversee M&A screening and evaluation activities for targets in the US providing critical analysis and recommendations
- Serve in a critical, “hands on” role as part of a dynamic team ensuring that viable, timely, winning proposals are delivered.
- Organize and support kick-off, status, and color team meetings (with emphasis on market analysis and competitive intelligence)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
- Proven ability to prioritize and balance multiple, sometimes changing priorities
- Must be able to work efficiently and rapidly with the ability to change direction to meet quick turn-around deliverables
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent computer skills are required including Excel & PowerPoint
- Shipley Training, preferable but not required
- Ability to work effectively in teams and across business organizations, as well as with significant independence and entrepreneurial spirit
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent experience is necessary for this position, or equivalent work experience to demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
American Rheinmetall Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (EOE/Veteran/Disability) and is a participant in the E-Verify program. For information on this and Your Rights to work please go to: https://www.e-verify.gov/